Hi Carole,

I will let someone else more qualified answer the main question, but just wanted to point out one subtle-but-important clarification. I believe TFCE is not an independent stage after randomise, but is performed within randomise on each permutation. This is because it is performing permutation tests on the actual TFCE statistic at each voxel, which itself doesn't have a good closed-form solution or derivability directly from the voxel-wise p/t maps.

I don't THINK there's any reason you can't use FDR on the TFCE voxel-wise p maps (tfce_p_tstat), but TFCE does weird things to the indpendence of voxels, so I would wait for advice from someone more statistically savvy. (e.g. you might need to use the --conservative option to account for correlations).

Best,
Mike