Michelle and all, I am sending this reply that I sent only to Pamela before, introducing extinction witness, which supports, through creative expression, the human emotional and spiritual response to genocide and mass extinction of species. This is support I did not receive as a student of environmental health (BS 1997) and environmental studies (MS 2007). Writing can be cathartic and regenerative. My concern is for the wellbeing of the student who may then influence others with knowledge and wisdom. Thank you for your work, Blessings, Megan

Dear Pamela,

Thank you so much for sharing this. I would love to feature the student's work in an extinction witness post when the site is complete and/or as students present the work.

Also invite you to offer a summary of the project and why you are inspired to offer this, perhaps how this represents you integrating what is real in the world with your occupation, teaching literature/writing.

Here is the most recent post from extinction witness. We are with American bison this month. The last was with grizzly December 2014. We break from the monthly witness each January. I've not officially announced the project to this listserve and your post reminds me to do so.

'Creatively Mended Wounds' ~ http://bit.ly/CrtvWnd

I am here to support the human emotional and spiritual response to extinction, the support I did not receive when I was a student (both undergrad and graduate environmental studies) because academia is not set up to hold the student in this way.

The 2014 extinction witness collection, which includes poetry, prose, and visual art, will be in print sometime this spring. Much of the poetry offered is from me.

Blessings on your work.

Thank you,
Megan
--