Dear Colleagues, please could you pass on the information below to anyone who might be interested in PhD study at Lancaster University. While we welcome PhD applications in the area of EAP/Academic Writing/etc., this is not a prerequisite. Potential applicants would however need to have some teaching experience, ideally EAP/Study Skills and ideally in higher education.

---
The Department of Linguistics and English Language (LAEL) at Lancaster University is looking for a PhD student to receive the EAP Studentship award, which covers fees at the UK/EU level and includes a maintenance bursary. The award-holder would take part in the management and coordination of the English for Academic Purposes (Study Skills) and Study Start Programmes, which run every summer in August and September.

Please find attached a description of duties connected to the role, further particulars with information about how to apply and a person specification.

Please note that you must have received an offer to study as a PhD student at Lancaster in order to apply for the award. You are welcome to contact me with any informal enquiries.

Johnny.

Dr J W Unger
Lecturer and Academic Director of Summer Programmes
Department of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
LA1 4YL

tel: +44 1524 592591