Hi Helen
Try the BDA website, they have a range if courses including one on screening which may meet your needs.
Kind regards
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Feb 2015, at 10:11, Helen Stocker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear All

I am the Learning Support Co-Ordinator (alongside the role as librarian) at a small private college. I just wondered if anyone can recommend any good training courses on dyslexia.

We currently have five students with a formal diagnosis of dyslexia and although I have picked up a quite a lot from just doing the job, it would be really useful to go on a short course so I can learn more. I'd be particularly interested in learning more about dyslexia friendly assessment as that could be passed on to faculty too.

I am based in Manchester, so courses close by would be particularly helpful. I have a very limited training budget, so can't afford anything too expensive!

Thank you.

Helen.