Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting (to those who may have received this survey via the ECPA list or in an email from the BPS section).

This email is to provide information about the European Federation of Psychologists' Associations (EFPA) Standing Committee (SC) for Community Psychology, and to request information about those academic departments where Community psychology might be offered as a 3rd year elective module, in a Masters programme, or as part of the professional training of clinical / counselling / educational / health psychologists.

The EFPA standing committee for Community Psychology was first constituted in July 2013 (following the work of an initial taskforce). The members of the EFPA General Assembly (GA) view Community Psychology (CP) as a part of our discipline that has potential to respond to some of the societal challenges of 21st century Europe. The standing committee has representation from Norway, Poland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain and I am the BPS representative for the UK. A survey of all EFPA member country associations is being undertaken (attached), to collect a full data set about the educational provision of CP in the EU, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In addition, the survey seeks information about CP research initiatives and funded research projects, to gain a sense of the nature of the sub-discipline across the EU. The SC is due to report on the results of this work at the GA of EFPA at the ECP in Milan, July 2015.

One of the key points that have arisen in the SC relates to 'competencies' for people working in CP. Carolyn Kagan (chair of the BPS Community psychology Section) has agreed to arrange and host a 'roundtable' to discuss different positions on the matter, in order for us to formulate something that represents the status of the field in the UK. We would therefore like to invite anyone interested in this to join us at an event on:

Wednesday March 11th, 5-7.30pm at the Manchester Metropolitan University, Birley Campus (see attachment for further details).

I look forward to hearing those who are willing to comment on / respond to these developments. Responses should be emailed to [log in to unmask] , to enable me to compile these as one document for the UK by 31 March, 2015.

Best wishes,
Jacqui

This email and any files transmitted with it were intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know by return.

Please think before you print.