What is the charge on your protein? If it is a very positively charged protein it may not enter the gel. I have found this before in EMSAs but normally at low protein concentrations it still enters the gel only at the higher concs it does not. I had to change protein to DNA ratio and also the percentage of the gel. There was quite a bit of optimization that had to be done.

Sent from my iPhone