Artem,

> In addition to other answers, one of the more esoteric (but surprisingly
> effective) ways to destroy the protein 'skin' on drops is to add a tiny bit
> of Trypsin solution.

Will you go a bit further and say what exactly you mean by "a tiny bit of
Trypsin solution"? :-)  What is the composition of your successful trypsin
solution? In what volume do you add it? Do you add it right on top of a
sitting or hanging drop? Was your situation one in which the skin and
crystals were fused? Was there a rationale for why you used trypsin as
opposed to other peptidases (I imagine it's what you had on hand ...)?

Emily.