Dear Members,

Take the time to complete this important survey.
Best wishes,
Roiyah

Ps. The response from Wales has so far been low so let's work to represent!!

==============

Welcome

Thank you for deciding to take the  Caribbean Britain survey. www.caribbeanbritain.uk/<http://www.caribbeanbritain.uk/>

The online should take between 10 and 20 minutes to complete. It is a unique and necessary survey about Caribbean Britain.

This survey is interested in the views of people of Caribbean heritage (African-Caribbean, Indo-Caribbean, Anglo-Caribbean and Pacific-Caribbean) living in Britain, as some of their experiences are often overlooked.

The survey is completely anonymous and there are no questions that can identify you. I am also obliged to keep all survey responses anonymous and unidentifiable. Therefore, please be as clear as possible in your survey answers, because I am unable to identify you to clarify your answers with you. You can access my confidentially agreement at www.caribbeanbritain.uk:FAO<http://www.caribbeanbritain.uk:FAO>.

WHAT IS CARIBBEAN HERITAGE?
For this research, Caribbean heritage is defined as being born in the Caribbean yourself, and/or having at least one grandparent born in the Caribbean, and/or having a parent born in the Caribbean; regardless of their skin colour/s.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE OF CARIBBEAN HERITAGE YOURSELF TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY
You may not be of Caribbean heritage yourself, but you may have family members or close friends of Caribbean heritage and be involved in their experiences.

WHY SHOULD I COMPLETE THIS SURVEY?
Rather than rely on the views of others, the survey seeks to find out what Caribbean Britain experiences and what it thinks about itself. The research is about Caribbean Britain and, as a researcher, I feel that it is important that Caribbean Britain voices are central to the research and are able to influence its content. It is also an opportunity to have your views included in a piece of public academic research.

WHAT IS THE SURVEY ABOUT?
The survey asks questions about British life, Caribbean living, the modern family, diversity, civic experience, political choice and economic satisfaction.

WHAT NEXT?
The survey is solely for the purposes of my PhD thesis, however when enough surveys have been completed a very brief initial summary report will be placed online at www.caribbeanbritain.uk/<http://www.caribbeanbritain.uk/> for people to comment and discuss. Such a report will be a first and should prove to be very interesting. I also intend to visit Caribbean groups with a more detailed analysis and discussion of the findings for feedback. Again, you will not be able to identify anyone from the reports. When complete, the final PhD thesis can be obtained from the University of London library free of charge.

To be emailed when the initial summary report is available please visit www.caribbeanbritain.uk:Findings<http://www.caribbeanbritain.uk:Findings>.

FURTHER QUESTIONS
If you have any further questions please check www.caribbeanbritain.uk:FAQ<http://www.caribbeanbritain.uk:FAQ>, or contact me anonymously at www.caribbeanbritain.uk:Contact<http://www.caribbeanbritain.uk:Contact>, or email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Again, thank you for your interest.

Please enjoy and share the survey!!

Faithfully,

Karen.