Please pass on to any likely candidates
Paul

Logo xsml

Six Full-Time Funded Postgraduate Research Opportunities

University Of Leicester – School Of Management

The School of Management is pleased to offer four Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAships), one Graduate Research Assistantship (GRAship) and one Studentship.  Each GTAship and the GRAship is worth £18,859 per year over four years. The studentship is worth approximately £18,859 per year over three years. GTAships and GRAships offer teaching experience or research experience while working on PhD research. The School of Management at the University of Leicester is renowned for the quality of its creative, interdisciplinary and heterodox research. We welcome applications from those interested in the critical and innovative rethinking of any of the following fields: accounting and finance; marketing and consumption; organization studies; regional studies; science, technology and innovation; work and employment. Our PhD programme is distinctive because it is firmly located within a broadly defined critical social science tradition. Our students draw on any of the different fields of management as well as on anthropology, cultural studies, economics, geography, physics and mathematics, science and technology studies, sociology, politics, philosophy and psychology amongst other disciplines in undertaking their research.

It is important for you to read the 'Further Guidance' available on our website if you are interested in applying for these PhD research opportunities: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/management/postgraduate/research/fees.

Closing date for applications: 10th April 2015. Interviews are provisionally scheduled for mid-May 2015.

-- -- - -   -- -   - --    -     - -  --- -  -     --       -

Dr Dimitris Papadopoulos

Reader in Sociology and Organisation

PhD Programme Director

University of Leicester