Dear all,

Please find below details of an Archivist vacancy at Brighton College.

3 days per week (22.5 hours)

We have an exciting opportunity for an organised and forward-thinking individual to join our busy and successful school as an Archivist.  Brighton College is the oldest public school in Sussex, and is therefore steeped in history; our Archivist will take responsibility for the creation, implementation, and maintenance of a physical and digital archive at the College, with the ultimate goal of making the information accessible to College staff, pupils, and members of the public.

The successful applicant must have a genuine interest in school archiving and/or the history of education and must be able to work under minimal supervision; previous experience of working within an archive environment is essential.

This is a part-time post, working from 8.30am to 5pm for 3 days per week, 52 weeks per year.  The College can be flexible on which weekdays are worked.

A full job description containing further information and details on how to apply is available from our website at http://www.brightoncollege.org.uk/vacancies/ or from Rachael Forsyth, HR Secretary at [log in to unmask]

Early applications are encouraged; interviews are likely to take place during the week commencing the 23rd February.

Closing date: 16th February 2015

Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced check through the Disclosure & Barring Service; a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position with Brighton College.

Rachael Forsyth
HR Secretary

01273 704386

Brighton College - United Kingdom School of the Year 2013-14

Brighton College takes all reasonable precautions to ensure our emails and attachments are free of malicious content. However, we recommend that you subject any incoming email to your own virus checking procedures. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Brighton College. Please report any complaints to [log in to unmask]

Brighton College is a charity registered in England and Wales. Company registration number: 7663 - Charity registration number: 307061. Registered office address: Brighton College, Eastern Road, Brighton, East Sussex BN2 0AL.

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email.