Dear All,
By now I assume everyone has heard the news that AQA are planning to drop A-level Anthropology. I know we will all want to try everything we can to have the qualification run in some form, and there may be a few small ways we can help.

We, teachers of A level of anthropology have seen the benefits of teaching anthropology at pre university level and are shocked with this decision. We started the petition see below so please can you support us
 the online petition, which can be found here:
https://www.change.org/p/andrew-hall-to-develop-a-new-a-level-anthropology-qualification-so-that-british-students-can-continue-to-study-a-level-anthropology-after-2018 https://www.change.org/p/save-anthropology-a-level

Please sign and circulate via email or social media as widely as possible.

 The latest edition of Anthropology Today contains a comments article Sally Latham wrote on the benefits of A-level Anthropology:

 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/anth.2015.31.issue-1/issuetoc

Ironically this was published almost simultaneously with the AQA announcement. If you know of anyone who is thinking of starting the subject at their centre, please pass it on.
Let's hope we can make a difference.

All the best wishesTomislav

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*