Dear Members,

The first report from the ALT Annual Survey, launched in December 2014, has
been published. The survey was primarily for ALT members but open for
anyone to respond. The purpose of this survey was to:

   - Help map the ALT strategy to practice within our community in order to
   better meet and represent our members’ needs;
   - Show how Learning Technology is used across sectors;
   - Understand current and future practice.

Analysis of the survey responses indicates a number of areas ALT should
continue to support and develop. Priorities for the membership are
*‘Intelligent
use of learning technology’* and *‘Research and practice’*, while
*‘Online/blended
delivery’* and *‘Course design’* remain to be key areas of work. The survey
also reveals a number of emerging areas including *‘Data and Analytics’*
and *‘Open Education’* and as such our community may benefit from
development opportunities ALT can provide. The survey is also a reminder
that ALT has an essential role in enabling members to develop research and
practice in areas which might be considered as less of a priority by the
majority of respondents.

Maren Deepwell, Chief Executive of ALT said:

The findings highlight the breadth of Learning Technology across sectors
> and amongst ALT’s membership. As use of technology for learning, teaching
> and assessment grows, so do the needs of senior managers, teachers,
> researchers and learners. Areas of practice that may have been niche
> interests in the past have become more commonplace as learner expectations
> and employers requirements are shaped by the rapid evolution of digital
> technologies.

As learning technology and its effective implementation at scale become a
> greater strategic priority in Higher and Further Education but also in
> other learning landscapes, the role of the Association bringing together
> the expertise and experience of its 1400+ members, becomes more important
> also.

The findings of this new Annual Survey will have a direct impact on the
work of the Association representing and serving its members in the coming
year.

Both this report and the anonymised survey data have been released under a
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence and are available to download from
http://repository.alt.ac.uk/2358

*[Members active on Twitter may like to retweet this status update
<https://twitter.com/A_L_T/status/571257106906673152> or share the report
with their networks with similar text and/or images from the news item
<https://www.alt.ac.uk/news/all_news/findings-association-learning-technology-annual-survey>]*

Kind regards,
Martin

--
Martin Hawksey
Chief Innovation, Community and Technology Officer

Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Registered Charity Number 1063519

tel: +44 (0)1865 484 125
web: www.alt.ac.uk
twitter: @A_L_T <http://twitter.com/A_L_T> / @mhawksey
<http://twitter.com/mhawksey>
G+: profiles.google.com/mhawksey
skype: m.hawksey

[image: twitter-grey] <https://twitter.com/A_L_T> [image: googlePlus-grey]
<http://www.google.com/+ALTacuk> [image: linkedin-grey]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/association-for-learning-technology> [image:
youtube-grey] <http://www.youtube.com/user/ClipsfromALT>

--
Are you a member of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT)? If not
membership fees start at £0. Find out more about joining ALT

-- An announcements list for members of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). To switch ALT-ANNOUNCE to receive output from the list in digest form, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message set ALT-ANNOUNCE digest in the body of the email. To unsubscribe to ALT-ANNOUNCE, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message leave ALT-ANNOUNCE, in the body of the email. --