Dear list member,

The STOR-i Centre for Doctoral Training is pleased to announce three STOR-i Masterclasses at Lancaster University in March 2015 with places available for UK-based PhD students.

For the continuing development of STOR-i students’ research knowledge we hold a number of STOR-i masterclasses every year, typically given by visiting international experts in areas of STOR.

Masterclass 1

4th-6th March 2015: Chris Glasbey, Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS), will give a masterclass entitled Spatial and Temporal Image Analysis. For more details visit http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/event-info/Masterclass-class-glasbey-15-d1

Deadline for applications: 13th February 2015

Masterclass 2

10th-12th March 2015: Professor Eric Kolaczyk, Boston University, will give a masterclass entitled Statistical Analysis of Network Data. For more details please visit http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/event-info/Masterclass-eric-kolaczyk-15

Deadline for applications: 20th February 2015

Masterclass 3

23rd-24th March 2015: Professor David Leslie, Lancaster University, will give a masterclass entitled Game Theory. For more details please visit http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/event-info/Masterclass-david-leslie-15

Deadline for applications: 6th March 2015

As part of our commitment to training we are pleased to offer a limited number of masterclass places to PhD students from UK universities. We also have funding available to cover travel costs for a limited number of UK-based PhD students. To support a case for funding we require the title of your PhD, host institution/department/supervisor and a short statement (1/2 page maximum) outlining why attending the masterclass would be beneficial to your studies.

If you would like to request a place on the STOR-i masterclass, please send an email to [log in to unmask] before the deadlines above containing:

-          Title of the Masterclass you would like to attend;

-          Your name;

-          Institution of study;

-          Title of your PhD;

-          If you wish to apply for funding to cover travel costs, please also provide the additional details outlined above.

We will inform you two weeks before the masterclass start date to confirm if you have secured a place.

Best wishes,

Jonathan Tawn

Director of STOR-i

http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/