From: Vesna Manojlovic <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [RIPE Atlas Ambassadors] RIPE Atlas data visualisation hackathon

Dear ambassadors,

RIPE NCC is organising the first RIPE Atlas open data hackathon!

In short: various groups will come together during the long weekend in
Amsterdam, to make new visualisations (or modify existing ones) based on
RIPE Atlas data, and to give that SW back to the community.

We are inviting: programers, designers, operators, data-lovers, hackers,
students...

... so we rely on *you* to help us spread the word to your contacts!

Comcast is generously offering prizes and some coverage for travel
expenses for several people -- to be awarded/selected by a jury.

Dates: 27-28-29 March 2015 (Friday to Sunday)

How to apply: https://www.ripe.net/s/XUJy

In order to get part of travel expenses covered, the application deadline is 21st January.

After that, we will inform those who got selected, and how many more
places do we still have available, for either locals or people who can pay their own travel.

Hope to have intrigued your interest,
and that your communities will join!

Regards,
Vesna

Senior Community Builder for Measurements Tools, RIPE NCC

==

More information in the RIPE Labs article:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/suzanne_taylor_muzzin/ripe-atlas-hackathon-2015

There is a poster & a slide-deck that you can use:
http://atlas.ripe.net/hackathon/poster
https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/File:Isoc-ripe-atlas-hackathon.pdf