Dear SPM experts

 I have been working on SPM to analyze SPECT images and find abnormalities
by comparing SPECT images of the patients with the normal control group
images.
 I am completely new in SPM.

For preprocessing I perform Coregistration, Normalization and Smoothing.

After that for model specification I don't know which design (sample
t-test, ANOVA.  ) to choose? In two sample t-test, for example, there
exists two mandatory selections “Group 1 scans”and“Group 2 scans”. Now my
question is this: What (patient or control group) should I select for each
above-mentioned group?

Then for the results section I should define contrast (t contrast or f
contrast). Again, I don't know how to define it?

I would greatly appreciate if kindly help me in this case.

Best.

--
Negar Chabi
Msc of medical engineering