From: Research Data Management discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Andy Turner [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 January 2015 09:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ownership of data collected by postgrads

Sounds like a reasonable idea to put forwards for the Jisc Research Data Spring (http://www.jisc.ac.uk/rd/projects/research-data-spring).

Andy

From: Research Data Management discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anna Clements
Sent: 09 January 2015 09:22
To: [log in to unmask]

Thanks, Rob - this looks really good.

What would make it even more valuable is if it could be customised so that an institution can include guidance based on its IP policy and also add links to help available from support staff at the institution - particularly at the point where the user is asked  'Do you own copyright and similar rights in your dataset and all its constitutive parts?'  The help text here at the moment is very short!

Also - I don't see any of the Open Data Commons licences in your selector.

All the best

Anna

Anna Clements | Head of Research Data and Information Services

University of St Andrews Library | North Street | St Andrews | KY16 9TR|