Participatory Video:
Better Practice for Social Change
A Webinar Series

PV for Advocacy
Inspiring journeys from videos to concrete impacts

Join youth campaigners in Nepal and a video correspondent from VideoVolunteers in India to hear how they directed their campaigns from video products to inspiring impacts

Web Gathering
28 January, 10.00 GMT
Enrol now to join us!
Share
Tweet
+1
Share

FIELD TRIP 1 - VIDEOVOLUNTEERS INDIA

VideoVolunteers (VV) is a media and human rights NGO that grows and changes with the media and social change space in India. Their teams equip women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling them to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality. We are excited that a staff member and a video correspondent from this pioneering organisation will join us during our final field trip to share their learning about what steps to take after a video is finished to achieve concrete impacts.

How to fit a PV process in a wider advocacy programme or campaign? What steps to take after video production? How can video dissemination contribute to concrete change?
FIELD TRIP 2 - OXFAM NEPAL

In January 2014, 12 youth campaigners of Oxfam GB's 'My Rights, My Voice' programme in Nepal participated in PV workshop facilitated by InsightShare and produce three powerful films on community health care issues. During this web gathering the youth and a programme staff member of Oxfam Nepal will tell their story of how, over the past year, they screened their films to community members and decision- makers at local and district levels and talk about how this dissemination process contributed to important results such as securing funding for solar panels for local health posts. Click here to watch a compilation of the three films.

ENGAGE ACTIVELY

After the presentations, you will be invited to continue your journey with the youth in Nepal or with the VV correspondent in India for a Q&A and discussion session.

We hope to see you on the 28th of January!
Click here to enrol

Visit the Better PV Practice
blog for news about the web gathering series and
visit our PV
practitioners group on the C4D platform to continue the discussions and to find
links to the recordings and resources of previous gatherings.
Funded by Higher Education Innovation Funding
through The Open University, UK
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Website
Website
Blog
Blog
Email
Email
YouTube
YouTube
Copyright © 2015 InsightShare. All rights reserved.