Hi all, just a reminder that the deadline for suggesting a session at the 2015 Science Communication Conference is the end of the day, this Friday 9th January. Submit your suggestions using this form<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2QXKYYY>, and more information available here<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/2015-conference>. Do get in touch with me if you'd like to discuss a proposal.

The conference is on 18th and 19th June at Manchester Metropolitan University, and ticket sales will go live Mid-Feb.

Anna
From: Anna Perman
Sent: 28 November 2014 11:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Suggest a session for the 2015 Science Communication Conference 18-19 June

Dear all

We've opened the call for proposals for sessions at the 2015 Science Communication Conference<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/2015-conference>, which will be on the 18th and 19th June 2015 at Manchester Metropolitan University.

Let us know what sessions you'd like to see at this year's Conference - use our online form<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2QXKYYY> to propose a session that you'd like to help organise. The deadline for proposals is 9th January 2015 - see details below and at our website<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/2015-conference>. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss an idea.

The Science Communication Conference brings together people with an interest in science communication and public engagement to discuss what matters to our community. It's a chance to share the new ideas from across culture and society that will inspire and move the sector forward. This year, we're holding sessions for a range of experience levels, from those after an introduction to science communication, to experts who want to have in-depth discussions about issues facing the sector.

The programme and ticket sales will go live in mid-February. You can find out more at our website<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/2015-conference>, and sign up to our newsletter<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/node/4950> for updates.

Proposing a session

Your session could look to the future of communications, and science's role in culture and society, or it could address one of our key topics for 2015:
*       Communicating through play
*       Science communication for the public good?
*       Crowdsourcing
*       Telling stories with complex science and big data.
There's more info about the key topics, and about proposing a session at our Conference FAQs<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/science-communication-conference/conference-faqs>. If you'd like to discuss your idea, or have any questions, contact Anna Perman<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The British Science Association believes that science should be a part of - rather than set apart from - society and culture, and is owned by the wider community. Our programmes encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to engage with science, become ambassadors for science, and ultimately to be empowered to challenge and influence British science - whether they work in science or not.

Anna Perman
Public Engagement Policy Manager

British Science Association
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD

T: +44 (0)20 7019 4955
E:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Website: www.britishscienceassociation.org<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org>
Twitter:  @BritSciAssoc<https://twitter.com/BritSciAssoc>
Facebook: /BritishScienceAssociation<https://www.facebook.com/BritishScienceAssociation>

British Science Association is the operating name and registered trademark of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. Registered charity 212479 and SC039236

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com