[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear colleagues,

Just a reminder that the deadline for the role mentioned below closes on February 9th.  Do let me know if anyone has any queries about the role – I’ve also appended a few FAQs at the bottom in response to queries that I have received since posting the original advertisement.

Our exciting new role is linked to the evaluation of a 3-year EU-funded project called EUSPACE-AWE led by the University of Leiden which is "using the inspiration of space to interest children and teenagers in science and technology, broaden their minds and stimulate European and global citizenship”.  The successful applicant will be based in the Department of Science and Technology Studies at UCL (though there is some flexibility in actual location as remote working is potentially possible).  We will be developing a framework to strategically explore the impacts of a very wide variety of science outreach events (including MOOCs, Citizen Science, student contests, teachers’ workshops etc.), as well as potential approaches for determining longitudinal impacts.  So yes we anticipate it to be both stimulating and challenging, and intend for the findings to be relevant more widely outside the project also.

It’s a part-time role (2 days per week) lasting for 3 years, starting as soon as possible after March 1st. Full details are at http://bit.ly/14jOMfY and I’m very happy to answer any queries directly.  The deadline for applications is February 9th, with interviews being held on February 17th in London (though Skype may be possible for remote candidates).

I’ve also had quite a few enquiries about the post, so in case it’s helpful to potential applications here are some clarifications from our HR team and more widely about the project:
Best wishes,

Karen

Dr Karen Bultitude

Department of Science and Technology Studies

University College London

Gower Street

London  WC1E 6BT

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Telephone:  +44 (0)20 7679 4431 (internal: 34431)

Mobile:  +44 (0)7940 175 020

Web: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/sts/staff/bultitude

Skype: kbultitude

Twitter:  @karenbultitude

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com