Hi all,

Carbon Brief is recruiting a climate policy writer/analyst (www.carbonbrief.org). Carbon Brief is a news and analysis website, dedicated to promoting accuracy in the climate and energy debate.

If you have enthusiasm for evidence-based discussion and a flair for reporting on climate politics, we'd love to hear from you.

Click here for a full job description and information on how to apply. Or if you have any questions, drop us a line on [log in to unmask]

NOTE: CLOSING DATE 29th January 2015

--------------

Carbon Brief – Climate Policy Writer/Analyst

Job description

2015 may turn out to be a pivotal year for climate policy. December’s UN climate talks in Paris will aim to agree a global deal to cut emissions, and there are likely to be important developments in international climate politics along the way. The world will continue to face the question of how to address climate change, and the UK election may put domestic energy and climate policy under scrutiny.

Working in Carbon Brief’s climate policy team, you will report on climate politics and policy, producing analysis that strengthens the evidence base of debate about climate change. We produce analysis that is used and respected by researchers, journalists, campaigners and scientists. It could include explaining what’s in the news, unpacking new research, or describing important political and scientific context.

You’ll be an experienced journalist, analyst or communications professional who has extensive experience in the field and a strong understanding of international and domestic climate policy. You’ll need experience of writing for the web, the ability to break stories, to be able to work on your own initiative and write accurately and accessibly to deadline.

You’ll ideally have your own ideas about how to develop our work to promote fact-based discussion of energy policy and technology in the context of climate change. Experience of producing multimedia content and languages other than English will be an advantage.

Salary: £32,000

Location: The role is based at our offices in central London.

Deadline:  5pm on Thursday 29th January. Interviews will be held in the week of the 2nd February.

For more details, click through to the full job description here. Or feel free to contact us [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Roz Pidcock Ph.D.
Science Communication Officer
Carbon Brief
+(44) (0) 20 3286 0387 (office)
+ (44) (0) 7746 515669 (mobile)

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com