This explains the copyright relationship nicely:

https://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#Is_Creative_Commons_against_copyright.3F

Would be good to remind your client that a cc license does not relinquish their copyright of the work but gives permission for some uses.

Here's a good example from Jisc Infonet: http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/infokits/

Simon

Simon Thomson NTF SFHEA
Head of E-Learning