All,

Thanks very much to everyone who attended today's webinar of the OpenEd SIG, and special thanks of course are due to Terry and Viv for presenting so engagingly. I hope that everyone found it as stimulating as I did. The recording will be available shortly, and we will post the link to this list.

Both of the presenters covered a lot of territory very quickly, and I am aware that some questions may have emerged for you on reflection. I would love to see those aired in this space.  To get the ball rolling - a few observations from me...

There is a very powerful case for engaging with the 'open' agenda, and an absolutely cast-iron one for making learning opportunities accessible to all. What do you think the key barriers are to making these two things happen? We heard something about the synergies between these aims: can there also be tensions, in your experience? What are the enablers to overcoming any barriers? We would really like to hear about how it works in your own contexts. Alastair Clark made the key point that open practices can (or at least should) work across all the educational sectors, so hopefully we will hear from some diverse providers.

Let us know what you think...

Paul

Paul Richardson
ALT OpenEd SIG Committee.
https://sites.google.com/site/onnenmon/

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 882 5529 90. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.

Jisc Collections and Janet Ltd. is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. number 2881024, VAT No. GB 614 9442 38. The registered office is: Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. T 01235 822200.