Hi Anne, if you can box me, maybe we can discuss further.
Thanks
Ruth
Sent from my blackberry regards Ruth

From: Anne [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 10:18 PM GMT Standard Time
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Fwd: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anne <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: 30 January 2015 07:50:05 GMT
To: JISCMAIL LISTSERV Server <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Do any colleagues that work in / for the Forces, have any information re PTSD and return to work.

We provide, amongst other things counselling /CBT /EMDR once APTSD is confirmed, but what I would like to know is there any research info about the risks of future exposure eg having to attend a fatality.We outsource our OHP service countrywide and I have received...variable information and advice .One OH psychologist thought that returning to the same job (and risk of having to attend a future fatality) might unravel the good that had been done by CBT / EMDR ,another OHP did not advise against RTW.

I had a brief search last night and found several articles all which refer to the already ill health dismissed/  retired , but also found an American article which stated there were higher risks to the employees health even with the thoughts of future exposure ( which I think makes sense) .The organisation  I work for has no non operational roles.

Thoughts welcome
Anne Marie

Sent from my iPad

- -
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) only.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and destroy the material whether stored on a computer or otherwise.  Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of South Wales Fire and Rescue Service, unless otherwise specifically stated.  All mail sent to and from this address will be monitored by our corporate e-mail system and may be scrutinised by persons other than the addressee for unsuitable content or contraventions of policy.  If this is unacceptable to you please do not use this method of communication with the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service.

Mae'r neges e-bost hon ac unrhyw ffeiliau sydd ynghlwm wrthi yn gwbl gyfrinachol ac wedi'u bwriadu at sylw y person neu sefydliad y maent wedi eu cyfeirio ato yn unig.  Na chaniateir i chi adolygu, ailanfon, lledaenu na defnyddio'r wybodaeth uchod ar unrhyw gyfrif: peidiwch a chymryd unrhyw gamau o ganlyniad a gan ddibynnu arni.  Os ydych wedi derbyn y neges e-bost hon ar gam, wnewch chi hysbysu'r anfonydd ar unwaith a dileu'r e-bost a'i chynnwys oddi ar eich system os gwelwch yn dda.  Barn neu safbwyntiau'r awdur yw'r rhai a fynegir yn y neges e-bost hon ac nid ydynt yn adlewyrchu o anghenraid barn neu safbwyntiau  Gwasanaeth Tan Ac Achub De Cymru onis dywedir yn bendant fel arall.  Bydd pob eitem o bost a anfonir i'r cyfeiriad hwn yn cael ei monitro gan sustem e-bost corfforaethol y Gwasanaeth Tan ac efallai y caiff ei harchwilio gan berson arall, sy ddim o reidrwydd y derbynnydd gwreiddiol, er mwyn dod o hyd i ddefnydd o ddeunydd anaddas neu dorri rheolau polisiau.  Os nad yw hyn yn dderbyniol i chi, peidiwch a defnyddio'r dull yma o gyfathrebu a Gwasanaeth Tan Ac Achub De Cymru.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: