Sorry for cross-posting.

Hello to all researchers who have an interest in maternity history. This email is to let you that the Wise Woman Archives Trust Inc. (WWAT), which was established in 2006 in Waikato, New Zealand, is currently being digitised and some files are already freely available online. WWAT’s mission is to collect and preserve historical materials relating to maternity services in New Zealand, and to ensure these collections become accessible to interested people for research purposes.

At this stage there are 2 online collections which are almost completely digitised, Auckland Home Birth Association, 1977-1997 (WWAT 2007/3) and Sian Burgess, Papers relating to domiciliary midwifery and home birth, 1983-1992 (WWAT 2005/1). There will be many more collections to come.

If these collections are used in your research or publication please let me know, and I welcome any enquiry.

kind regards

Maggie Banks

PhD, RM, RGON

15 Te Awa Road, RD 3, Hamilton 3283, New Zealand

Phone 64 7 8564612; Email [log in to unmask]; Website www.birthspirit.co.nz

Breech Birth Online Workshop 19 January 2015 - 8 February 2015

Water Birth Workshop (Online) 13 - 20 February 2015

Postdates Pregnancy Workshop (Online) 27 February - 06 March 2015

The Spirit of Birth: Nature, Nurture and the Evidence Workshop (Online) 13 - 20 March 2015