From: Davies, Sarah (ELS-OXF) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 January 2015 15:27
Subject: Call for Papers for forthcoming Special Issue of Midwifery: risk in childbirth

Dear editorial board member and colleague,

Please find below an announcement about a forthcoming special issue we will be publishing in Midwifery on risk in childbirth.  We are currently seeking papers up to, and including, 30th April 2015.  We would be very grateful if you could help us in spreading the word by forwarding the email below to your networks/colleagues/students.

With many thanks and kind regards,
Sarah

Sarah Davies
Senior Publisher

[Elsevier]<http://www.elsevier.com/>

Call for Papers: Special Issue
Forthcoming Special Issue: Risk

Submit your paper<http://ees.elsevier.com/ymidw>

[cover]<http://www.journals.elsevier.com/midwifery>

Across the world, women continue to be subject to rising intervention rates during childbirth, despite extensive evidence showing that interventions should be used judiciously, to achieve safe, high quality maternity care. Midwives, social scientists, obstetricians and anthropologists have all explored the nature of risk in birth and how risk is perceived and who is seen as the 'decision-maker' but there appears to be a dwindling of attempts to understand the nature of risk in birth, and in maternity care.

A literature exploring where midwifery sits in relation to risk during contemporary childbirth seems long overdue. It is for this reason that we invite papers on the subject of risk in childbirth for publication in a special issue of Midwifery.

The Editors are keen to receive papers that explore this issue from a number of angles, and which analyse different perspectives of risk, using a critical and reflexive approach, and which add to the literature on risk in childbirth.

Papers should ideally be focused on risk during labour, birth and the postnatal period. Submissions are invited for consideration of publication by 30th April 2015 at http://ees.elsevier.com/ymidw (please select "Special Issue: Risk")1

Further details can be found on the Special Issues page at http://www.midwiferyjournal.com/CallRisk

Submit your paper<http://ees.elsevier.com/ymidw>