De: "Cecilia Gaposchkin" <[log in to unmask]>
À: [log in to unmask]
Envoyé: Vendredi 16 Janvier 2015 21:32:51
Objet: [M-R] Psalms and Antiphon pairings

Hello all,

Can any of you help me figure out how I might track down what Psalms were
paired with what antiphons in original use (such as it is).  I'm mining the
cantus database's digitization of images, but many of these don't offer the
Psalm incipit, and thus I am at a loss.  For instance:

"Ecce nomen domini venit de longinquo..." (CAO 2527)- is most often used
during the First Sunday in Advent (according to the cantus database). Here
it is used as the first antiphon for First Vespers, but this is naturally
quite variable. How can I tell what psalm it went with - or whether it was
normally paired with a particular psalm.

I have lots of these that I need to trace. Some I've been able to identify
by using the digizations, but lots I haven't.  Anyone know?

thanks
as usual, methodologically befuddled,
cecilia

to: [log in to unmask]