medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Margaret,

You may have found this page here, but I send it just in case not.

Best wishes,

Jane

On 27/01/2015 21:24, Cormack, Margaret Jean wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Greetings all,
Does anyone know or can you suggest good material (not Wikipedia, which I can access on my own)
on the question of when and where in the Catholic tradition deacons were allowed to marry? I have Icelandic references to the (attempted?) introduction of deaconal celibacy. I'd also be interested in any good studies of the deaconate in the early church, and of the changes introduced in Vatican 2, whereby they are allowed to baptize and marry people (as well as being married, but apparently not re=marry if their wife dies.)
Thanks to all,
Meg