Hello all,

If anyone could help me with a search I’d be very grateful…

I’ve been asked to find any information – articles, policies, etc – relevant to mentors who are asked to write employment references for students. Nursing, midwifery or AHP would be fine. I was hoping to at least find something along the lines of “writing a reference for your student – 5 things to think about”, but I can’t find anything at all... I’ve tried the NMC, HCPC, the local university, BNI and CINAHL using vague terms like student* and (reference* or referee*) and (job* or employ*) – nothing relevant comes up.

I can imagine people often go to their local HR departments for help, but it just struck me as unlikely that no-one would ever have written anything about it at all.

Am I missing an angle on this, or an useful search term? All ideas welcome, I’m stuck!

Many thanks,

Hannah

Hannah Prince

Knowledge & Library Services Manager

Princess Alexandra Hospital Library

Parndon Hall, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, Hamstel Rd., Harlow, Essex CM20 1QX

Tel 01279 827112 / 7021

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it. Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Content of emails received by The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust will be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the specified exemptions, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and Caldicott Guardian principles. Thank you for your co-operation.