Hello colleagues,

I wanted to tap into the wealth of knowledge that is the UK librarians list.

I have had an urgent query from one of our doctors, that I have not found a lot on. The request is:

ultimately what we want to know is what surgeries can/ should be performed as day case only and have no overnight stays in hospital. We want to compare what we are doing in our hospital and then make a case for change of practice if we can based on evidence. Ideally I would love you do to do a search and come up with this magic list containing exactly what can be performed as day surgery only in Australia & internationally too !! …. So if you can make that happen …… great. “

I found an organisation called the “British Association of Day Surgery” and some publications listed there. Not sure how many will be on topic.

If you can assist, we would be most grateful.

Kind regards,  Wanda

Wanda Pomeroy
Site Library Manager
Lyell McEwin Hospital
SA Health Library Service
Government of South Australia

Tel: (08) 8133 2207

Front Desk Tel: (08) 8182 9170
Fax: (08) 8182 9321
E-mail:

This e-mail may contain confidential information, which also may be legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use, distribute or copy this e-mail. If this e-mail is received in error, please inform the sender by return e-mail and delete the original. If there are doubts about the validity of this message, please contact the sender by telephone. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the e-mail and any attached files for viruses.