Hi all

I have only been in post as Additional Support librarian at the University
of Sheffield for six months but during that time I have ordered about a
dozen electronic versions of books for our students with disabilities from
publishers such as Pearson, OUP, Bloomsbury, Cambridge UP, Routledge, Wiley
and Harper Collins - they have all arrived within a week or so with no
problems up to now. They have either been sent on a disk, as an attachment
or a link to a download. They have all included copyright forms to sign.

I have to admit that apart from telling the students that the electronic
copy is for their personal use only I haven't got them to sign anything and
this is something I am going to start doing.

We have also registered with Load2Learn and Bookshare (Bookshare is similar
to L2L but based in the US with mostly US titles) - I can send you the
details of Bookshare if you wish?

Through our University Disability Service we have also registered some of
our students with L2L and Bookshare which means that students can search
and download titles themselves without our direct involvement - they have
to check first that the library has a copy of the title etc.

Best wishes

--
Angela Greenwood
Library Services and Diversity Manager

0114 2227204

Voted number one for student experience
Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014-2015