This is a free event, to be held at Sheffield Hallam University on Friday 6th February 2015, 1.45-4.15 PM.

A chance for librarians from the region to meet up, share their experiences of teaching information skills and help each other out. Please bring along a success you would like to share, a resource to talk about, or an issue or problem you have encountered in your teaching with which you would like help.

We will also have a short session on Flipping the Classroom in library teaching, led by Nicola Sales. In order to boost student engagement and knowledge retention with information skills training Nicola trialled the teaching concept, ‘Flipping the Classroom’ at the University of Salford. This short session will look at how the ‘flipping the classroom’ concept has been implemented as well as the benefits, drawbacks and tips for best practice for this training method. Nicola will also show the new digital skills learning blog launched by Salford in September 2014 as a social media tool to improve library engagement.

Some places are still available. Please book a place on our Eventbrite page (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/teachmeet-free-event-tickets-14975060810).

The event is organised by CILIP Academic and Research Libraries Group Yorkshire and Humberside division, who provide a regional focus and programme of events for members working within the sector (http://www.cilip.org.uk/academic-and-research-libraries-group/about/yorkshire-and-humberside-0). #ARLGYH

The teachmeet will be preceded by the ARLG: Yorkshire & Humberside committee AGM at 1.15-1.30 pm. You are welcome to attend if you wish: if you would like to come to the AGM, please email Jennifer Rowland ([log in to unmask]) so we can make sure we have enough free sandwiches for everyone. We particularly welcome people who are interested in joining the committee.

Apologies for cross-posting.