From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Hastie
Sent: 14 January 2015 11:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: DSA Changes

Hi,

This is the general layout for the information that I send to publishers. Not all publishers want the same information and quite a few now have online application forms but it makes things a bit easier when you're getting multiple titles for one student.

Hello,

I work in Regent's University London library and I am trying to source a PDF copy of this book for a visually impaired student:

Title of Book
Author last name, author first name
ISBN 123-4567891234
We have 1 copy in stock in our library: hyperlink to print copy of book on library catalogue

The copy is for:
Student Name
Student ID: S123456789
Degree: BA Something
Module: Module Code (Module Title)
Teaching Staff: Staff Name - staff email address
Start and end dates of course: 26/01/2015 - 15/05/2015

If you need any more information please do get back to me.

I've yet to have a publisher contact a member of teaching staff or ask for more information after sending this, so it seems to cover all bases quite well. Sometimes publishers will want assurance that you are the appropriate member of staff to be making these requests, in which case I just send them my job description.

I've yet to have any students come back to me and say they can't use the PDF, so I assume there's no issue with any markup language within the PDFs. I'm not sure how much scope there would be for getting 'clean' versions, as they normally come via a 'Rights and Permissions' member of staff, rather than someone who might have been involved in putting the PDF together.

Susan Hastie
Student Support Librarian
Learning Resources / Library
Regent's University London, Inner Circle, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4NS
T: +44 (0)20 3075 6239 | F: +44 (0)20 7487 7777 | E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.regents.ac.uk<http://www.regents.ac.uk>