From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sophie Unger
Sent: 20 January 2015 11:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Archaeology UK website.

Hi All

We have recently received a heritage statement which instead of including HER information, it included information from a website called: Archaeology UK http://www.digital-documents.co.uk/archi/about_us.htm.

I have never heard of this but there is a subscription to pay for access to the data and it seems to be a little more than information from personal communications and local journals. Have any of you had any experience of this website and where the information comes from?

We are obviously enforcing the consultation of the HER in line with the NPPF but it did seem a little worrying that we seem to have a  type of ‘competitor’ in loose terms and obviously this website is not going to be as up to date as the HER and is not acceptable as a substitute for the HER.

Thoughts?

Sophie

Sophie  Unger MA AIFA

Historic Environment Record Officer
Environmental Advice Team
East Sussex County Council

01273 336378
07554436473

You can now request and pay for HER searches for via our new online system at

http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/environment/archaeology/her.htm).

This message is intended for the use of the addressee only and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and destroy it. You may not use it or copy
it to anyone else.

E-mail is not a secure communications medium. Please be aware of this
when replying. All communications sent to or from the County Council
may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation.

Although East Sussex County Council has taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we can take no responsibility
if a virus is actually present and you are advised to ensure that the
appropriate checks are made.

You can visit our website at http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received.

Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance with Leicestershire County Council's policy on the use of electronic communications. The contents of e-mails may have to be disclosed to a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Leicestershire County Council.

Attachments to e-mail messages may contain viruses that may damage your system. Whilst Leicestershire County Council has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.