Hi Anderson,

thank you for the response. Indeed, on my first level, I have the 2 task conditions (X and Y) as my only EVs, and then in the group level I treated the groups as the EVs, and have the contrasts (Group A > Group B, Group B > Group A...), and then looked at the COPEs defined on the first level of the only the conditions themselves (X or Y)  to see the group difference on one condition.

Sorry, but I just had a quick follow up. For another study dealing with 2 groups again and a simple rest.A.rest.A.... design, on the first level, one would simply define the A as the lone EV, and never rest? And then to examine group differences between the condition A, simply set up the groups as the EVs on the higher level analysis, set the contrasts to Group 1 > Group 2, Group 2 > 1? Sorry for the simply questions, since I know these designs can be easily handled through the model wizard, but I just thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thank you again.

Paul