Dear Anderson and Donald
thanks for your responses

i read the second article for the number of trials you mentioned. i was
thinking of block design instead of even-related design since they are more
suitable for activation detection. so in this case what is the number of
trials means in block design?
it is a matter of fact that we cannot have 30 repeats of each conditions
which take 16-20 seconds. ( i have 3 conditions and i want rest also )
another thing is that i think long scans would have negative effect on
patient performance and i think magnetic inhomogeneity become worse in long
runs, am i right ?