Hey, I think what you need is fslroi, you can use it make a new 4d volume containing 923 volumes from tne old one.

fslroi - extract region of interest (ROI) from an image. You can a) take a 3D ROI from a 3D data set (or if it is 4D, the same ROI is taken from each time point and a new 4D data set is created), b) extract just some time points from a 4D data set, or c) control time and space limits to the ROI. Note that the arguments are minimum index and size (not maximum index). So to extract voxels 10 to 12 inclusive you would specify 10 and 3 (not 10 and 12).

I think the way you want to use it as follows
Fslroi (filename) (new filename) 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 294.

Regards,
Ahmed Radwan