Greetings FSL experts,

I feel like this is a simple question that has been answered more than
once, but one I want to be sure about it...

I have a study with 2 groups (A and B), who were scanned once under the
same 2 conditions (X and Y). If I ultimately wanted to contrast the group
differences for the conditions (specifically one condition such as Y),
would the contrasts from first level to high level be as follows?:

Level 1:

For each subject, avoid any direct contrasts between conditions so...

cope 1 : [1 0] (condition X )

cope 2: [0 1] (condition  Y)

Then for my higher level analysis:

Set up a contras which looks at group differences as in:

Group A > B [1 -1]

Group B > A [-1 1]

and then from here, look at the lower level contrast of condition X and Y,
to view the group differences in relation to each contrast?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.