From: List for UK HEI employability developers [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ruth Lawton [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 January 2015 15:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help with summative assessment of written reflections

Hello from wet and windy Brum☺

Apologies for cross posting

I am sending this (below) on behalf of a colleague in the university, please send replies to her: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Best wishes for 2015 everyone
Ruth

Hello colleagues,

We are revalidating our midwifery undergraduate degree programmes shortly and plan to introduce reflective writing as a summative element of assessment.  Students will be guided to reflect on each of their clinical placements, and these will contribute to staged reviews of their portfolio of evidence.

Does anyone have, or know of a tool specifically tailored to guide the summative assessment of  written reflections at levels 4, 5, and 6, that they would be prepared to share, with appropriate recognition if developed in-house?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Rachel Moule
On behalf of the Midwifery teaching team,
Birmingham City University

Ruth Lawton  FSEDA; FHEA
University Learning & Teaching Fellow for Employability
Programme Director PG Cert Learning and Teaching in HE
Centre for Enhancement of Learning & Teaching (CELT)
Birmingham City University
University House
15 Bartholomew Row
Birmingham
B5 5JU
0121 331 5126
#RuthLawton; LinkedIn, Academia.edu
My ePortfolio: http://portfolio.bcu.ac.uk/view/view.php?id=130820
Creating Future-Proof Graduates: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/employability/futureproof
Co-author of Pedagogy for Employability http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/resources/detail/employability/pedagogy_for_employability_update_2012
To join the ‘employability-development’ list go to http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/EMPLOYABILITY-DEVELOPMENT and click on the option ‘join or leave employability-development’

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.