Dear all,

Some years ago, a VI student asked me to look into this. They had experience of using a screenreader and, due to other conditions, needed to look into speech recognition.

At the time, Dragon and Jaws needed an additional piece of software to the able to “communicate” and we arranged for a demonstration of J-say (http://www.ngtvoice.com/products/software/astec/j-say/). I don’t know if this is still the case.

Best wishes,

Teresa

Disability Librarian

Accessible Resources Unit (ARACU)
Bodleian Libraries

OX2 0EW

Tel: 01865 (2) 83861

http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/disability

We welcome feedback. The link below will take you to a short survey (4 questions)  and your suggestions will enable us to continue to improve our services, facilities and collections.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BW5NGSK