Dear Scott (and dear all),

Thanks for this offer!

There are a number of things that we may want to do to improve that list
but a proofread of the text would be a great start. The OCR was very
rough and I corrected a LOT but there is plenty to do.

I really enjoyed working with this -- it was my task over the break when
I was not working on the mother of all proposals and I found it charming
to get into the contents of the PG.

Another task will be comparing the start and end columns and the assumed
volumes to make sure that these are accurate but that means going to the
PG. You can do that by going to Roger Pearse's list of PG volumes
http://www.roger-pearse.com/weblog/patrologia-graeca-pg-pdfs/ and then
looking for the columns.

This is our first foray into trying to engage volunteers -- something
that is essential bug we are trying to figure out how to do it. Its easy
to become a bottleneck -- we HAVE at Perseus become bottlenecks, because
there aren't enough of us. When you are behind in work, its easy to put
your head down and keep going because helping people to help on the work
is harder in the short run.

If you download the text and start proofreading it, that would be a big
help. In the meantime, we need to sort out what specific tasks people
can do. I will set up a mailing list for this so that we don't burden
DigitalClassicist.

More on this soon - and thank you all for your interest and patience as
we figure out how to open things up!

Greg