Hi Karen and Tom

I agree with Tom that all those names and acronyms, LDOM etc are overloaded
and potentially misleading.
Moreover LDOM is already used in software industry, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDOM.
From a non-native speaker of English viewpoint, "Pattern" would seem less
bizarre than "Shape".
So, if you ask me (you don't) I would push *Data Pattern Language*, DPL
rolls on the tongue, as Karen says, if pronounced "*DaPaL*", which is not
unused, but seems in our context not too overloaded.

Beyond the name, grounding a language which will be mostly use for
validation in closed worlds, upon RDFS which relies on the open world
assumption, might be at risk of muddling those waters a bit more.

But this is a first impression. I have not followed that stuff actively and
close enough ...

--

*Bernard Vatant*
Vocabularies & Data Engineering