Dear all, please see an invitation to the University of Brighton's upcoming Complicity Conference below, taking place from 31st March to 1st April 2015. To register, click here (http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/research/conflict/cluster-activities/complicity-conference).

Complicity Conference

Complicity is a complex moral issue and one with great relevance to modern life, particularly in a neo-liberal context. Despite this, very little work focuses on it explicitly. This conference seeks to draw together practical and theoretical examinations of complicity, and the demands it makes on how we negotiate our lives.

Over forty international speakers are taking part. As an interdisciplinary event, it will draw together ideas from politics, sociology and philosophy around the concept of complicity.

The opening address will come from the University of Brighton's Professor Bob Brecher, and the keynote from the University of Warwick's Professor Thomas Docherty.

Registration costs £120, with a reduced price of £40 for students and the unwaged.

This conference is being organised by the University of Brighton’s Understanding Conflict: Forms and Legacies of Violence Research Cluster.

For more information and to register, click here (http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/research/conflict/cluster-activities/complicity-conference).