Would they be any different from standard context sheets (such as the MOLAS ones)  I wonder?? Context sheets are only part of a whole conceptual framework regarding excavation and I was wondering whether this is a given or whether you are looking for examples of new conceptions regarding sites ….etc.

In Australia the Port Arthur project developed a whole of project recording system which was published as Davies, M & Buckley, K 1987, Archaeological Procedures Manual, Port Arthur Conservation Project, Department of Lands Parks and Wildlife, Hobart. Some fans of the Harris Matrix will remember the late Martin Davies for his pioneering work in applying the Harris matrix and the principles of archaeological stratigraphy to the analysis of standing structures. I have used the Port Arthur approach for years.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North

NSW 2134

Australia

(02) 97010191

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------