Hello,

Keeping the waters in a model used for molecular replacement search is
not a very good idea.

I'd suggest first that you use a program like Chainsaw and possibly
additional programs to fine-tune your search model to the problem that
you are trying to solve.

Also, reading material such as the ccp4 study weekend proceedings
devoted to molecular replacement and similar material (that are
available on the internet) would be a good idea as well. The problems
you are encountering have been discussed in the literature.

Fred.

--
Fred. Vellieux (B.Sc., Ph.D., hdr)

IBS / ELMA