In fairness many of my themes do connect and I simply oppose exclusion in the arts or in any other area of life. You yourself Tim for valid reasons are included in many things that happen on this island. This is my core point in most of my missives and since the 1990s that is not sour grapes but my reality. There is the right to oppose exclusion within the posts. I note very little if any support but that is the life of the literary outsider.

On the O' Sullivan anthology I will look at those included in more detail Robert. All are familiar to me since the eighties.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Allen <[log in to unmask]>
To: BRITISH-IRISH-POETS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 11:24 AM
Subject: Re: A Current Anthology

Sean - I just don't understand how you can say some of the things below. Your views are a very scattergun mix, which I think I've said here before. I very strongly support Pierre and Jeremy on the points they picked up on, particularly about the Tuma anthology and Out of Everywhere. Both those books were fantastic for all sorts of reasons. And the new Out of Everywhere looks really good too, and contrary to what you said in a later post, it does include a fair number of younger writers, and the ones I know of are brilliant and deserve to be there.

I am going to be presumptuous now, for which I apologise in advance, but this is what I think happens with regard to some of the stuff you say...

You pick up on a problem (political, social, personal) in a certain area and a problem in another area and you join them up. You join them up in such a way that anything between the two gets included in the problem so this turns the positive in things, (the Objectivists, Lang-po, Keith Tuma anthology or whatever) into negatives.

Of course certain issues are connected to each other, but these connections produce contexts. You have to look at something objectively within its context.

Cheers

Tim