It all started in a pew in my college library as I revised for finals
around 5 years ago. I was busy reading my notes on Greek archaeology and
Latin didactic poetry when I overheard the library staff having discussions
about book lists, cataloguing standards and e-journals and I was quite
intrigued: there was more to this librarian lark that I had thought! At the
time, I was a typical Oxford fourth year student: panicking about the fact
that I was about to leave the comfort of the university bubble for the big
bad world of corporates. I was toying with the idea of doing a law
conversion with my Classics degree but was’nt sold on it so I started
looking up librarianship as a career and was interested to learn that not
only did you require an MSc but you were also advised to undertake a
traineeship before doing the Masters.

http://bit.ly/1Cc1MmK
http://bit.ly/1Cc1MmK+

--