Dear Yannick,

	I know that an understanding of mediaeval dates varies, and am wondering if this would include 1086.   It concerns an exceptional industrial salt town where salt was made from brine that was so pure it was divided into shares (one share producing 8 tons of salt).  The 1086 record contained obsolete measures and for 900 years no one was able to decipher it.  I found the formulae in 1995 and produced a quantitative analysis which proved that the amount of salt revenue paid to the Crown in 1086 continued to e paid until 1725.
	Will the language of the conference be in English or in mixed languages?
Can I send a paper and ask for it to be read in my absence )unfortunately I am not
well enough to travel at the moment).

Bea

Beatrice Hopkinson
Emeritus Secretary, L.A Branch,