Dear All

I am very pleased to announce the first talk of 2015 - I hope to see you there.

It will be held in room 1.006 of the David Bates Building, Queen's University Belfast, Northern Ireland,
 on Thursday, January 29th, at 4pm.

The details  are as follows:

“Bayesian Approaches to Health Decision Science”

By Professor Cathal Walsh, University of Limerick, Ireland.

The Bayesian statistical paradigm is ideally suited to analysing decision problems.  A formal combination of utility and evidence permits an investigator to choose a course of action – or health strategy – that will have greatest impact on the population.  Specific areas of interest in this presentation are the calibration of disease models, the synthesis of evidence from randomised controlled trials and observational studies, and the choice of criteria which impact on the societal utility function.

As usual this interesting talk is open to all.

Best

Gilbert

Hon Sec.

--