Hello All

Our external trainer for the above session is no longer available and we have two sessions booked for 18th Feb and 18th March from 1 - 4.  The session covered the following:

International Students - Perspectives of Our UoD Experiences (3 hours)

The course will enable participants to understand the business case for why the UoD needs to attract and retain Overseas students. We will > look at where most of the students come from and some of the obstacles both in learning and in UK life) that they have had to overcome whilst studying at UoD.

The course provides a unique opportunity to gain an insight into some of the issues experienced by International Students through case studies and discussions.  You will learn about the experiences of other staff members as well as hearing from student guest speakers.

Does anyone know of a facilitator who could take over this session for us?  It is a very popular session, we engaged UoD students as guest speakers and this gives a very good learning experience for our staff.  We would be able to pay reasonable fees and expenses.  I realize the Feb one is a little short notice - we would be able to rearrange this one if necessary.

Lesley

Lesley Bradshaw
Head of Equality and Diversity
University of Derby
Tel: 01332 591433

Important dates in December
8th      Bodhi Day - Buddhist
17th     Hanukah starts - Jewish
21st     Yule - Pagan
25th    Christmas Day - Christian
[cid:image013.jpg@01D029C4.0682F940]   [cid:image014.png@01D029C4.0682F940]    [cid:image015.jpg@01D029C4.0682F940]
[cid:image007.png@01D029C4.034692F0][cid:image016.jpg@01D029C4.0682F940] [cid:image017.jpg@01D029C4.0682F940]   [cid:image012.jpg@01D029C4.034692F0]

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this was sent to you in error, please select unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe and Security information contact:   [log in to unmask]
For all FOI requests please contact:   [log in to unmask]
All other Contacts are at http://www.derby.ac.uk/its/contacts/