Hi Arturo,

closely related to the Bichon is the Bolognese (dog) that was popular amongst the nobility of the early Renaissance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolognese_(dog)

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bich%C3%B3n_bolo%C3%B1%C3%A9s

It look like the hind part of the dog has indeed been shaven.

all the best,

Anton

Anton Ervynck

onderzoeker natuurwetenschappen

+32 2 553 1830

Afdeling Onderzoek en Bescherming

Onroerend Erfgoed

Koning Albert II-laan 19 bus 5

1210 Brussel

Belgium

P Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to